CIHAND - First Americans Loan Fund
CIHAND's - First Americans Loan Fund was established in 2011. The purpose of this loan fund is to provide loan assistance to native peoples residing within the state of North Dakota for startup/working capital for business development.
We encourage anyone interested in loan assistance for business development to check out our services.
- Any tribal member living in the state of North Dakota
- Applicant must complete loan application, request for credit inquiry, and/or additional forms/information upon request by loan staff.
- Business loans may be used for equipment and inventory purchases, working capital, and/or leasehold improvements for a commercial space. Can also lend to agricultural service providers.
- Loans cannot be used for purchases or equity into private ventures, lending to other parties, purchasing investments, or down payment on a house. Cannot lend to agricultural producers.
- Loan amounts depend upon business needs and a solid business plan that outlines business success and number of jobs created. We highly recommend applicants utilize the Bismarck MBDA Business Center located on the campus of United Tribes Technical College in Bismarck, North Dakota, for assistance in developing a business plan. In most cases applicants must provide collateral and equity for %75 of the value of the loan. Our loan fund committee does consider unconventional forms of collateral so do not hesitate to discuss potential forms of collateral with us.
- Applicants must submit a completed loan application along with additional required documents/information to Loan Fund Director Mike McCafferty for loan consideration. He can also assist you through the application process. You can contact him at 605-290-1059 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Interest rates are determined based on the merit of each individual loan application. Rates typically range from 4% to 10%. Our loan fund makes every effort to offer the lowest interest rate over a reasonable repayment period to assist in maximizing the success of the repayment process and your business.
- $50.00 application fee submitted with application
- Loan closing fee is 1% of loan amount at loan closing
Loan Processing Time Frame
There is no set time frame for loan approval. However, we make every effort to complete this process as quick as possible. Typically it takes 2 to 5 months, but is dependent upon the thoroughness of the application and the strength of the proposed business.
First Americans Loan Fund Application - CLICK HERE